A breeder is a person who chooses an animal and breeds them carefully, in order to preserve their quality characteristics. Breeding in poultry houses is important for providing healthy food for humans and animals around the world. Modern technology helps the breeders to raise the birds and make them feel comfortable and ready to lay eggs for the continuation of a new generation. AgroLogic LTD works on electronic solutions and provides them to farmers that want to raise their birds in best conditions.
The Work of the Breeder
Breeding is done at breeder farms and has several steps:
- Step 1: Until the age of 5 weeks, roosters and hens raised separately.
- Step 2: The birds grow together now and strictly fed by the workers, so they will not gain too much fat.
- Step 3: At the age of 20 weeks approximately, the chicks are moved to breeder sheds. Now that they are ready for breeding, the sheds provide them all the conditions they need: small sheds have comfortable nests placed in the dark, making it suitable for laying eggs.
- Step 4: The mating begins: Cockerel mate with hens and the hens lay eggs.
- Step 5: Poultry house workers collect the fertile eggs almost immediately after the laying, in order to keep them clean and prevent manure spreading.
- Step 6: The new eggs are moved to the incubators unlit they hatch.
Counting the Eggs
Every farmer should do egg counting, so he can know the exact number of the eggs that are going to hatch. Fortunately, today there is a modern solution – an egg counter. This electronic device provides precise results and can be operated easily by the workers. In addition, the egg counter can be connected to other devices such as controllers and arrives in different sizes, fitting the egg collecting methods of every poultry house.